Monday, May 18, 2015

[Photos] Taylor Swift Tops Maxim's Hot List


ANDREA PARK - 2014 may have been the "Year of Taylor," but so far, 2015 hasn't been too shabby for the superstar either.

As if embarking on a whirlwind world tour, landing a hot new (rumored) boyfriend and surrounding herself with an enviable squad of girlfriends wasn't enough, now Swift has claimed the top spot on this year's Maxim "Hot List," which will be released in the magazine's upcoming June/July issue.

"It's really nice and such an incredible compliment," Swift, 25, says of the honor. "This year has been my favorite year of my life so far. I got to make an album exactly the way I wanted to make it. I got to put it out exactly the way that I dreamed of putting it out. Every one of these kinds of whims and ideas came to fruition ... It really feels like a wonderful celebration of my favorite year."



According to Maxim, this year will make a significant change in the long-running "Hot 100" list. The celebrated women, excluding Swift, are no longer ranked: Instead, they're organized in categories based on their careers, such as "Women Who Rock," "Fashion Phenoms" and "The Champions." Snagging the number one spot secures Swift as "the world's most relevant and intriguing woman."

In conjunction with this celebration of powerful women, Swift also speaks to the magazine about her newfound acceptance of feminism.
Taylor Swift Tops Maxim's Hot ListTaylor Swift Tops Maxim's Hot List

The June/July issue of Maxim, with Swift on the cover, hits newsstands May 27.

"Honestly, I didn't have an accurate definition of feminism when I was younger. I didn't quite see all the ways that feminism is vital to growing up in the world we live in," the "Bad Blood" singer says. "I didn't see myself being held back until I was a woman. Or the double standards in headlines, the double standards in the way stories are told, the double standards in the way things are perceived."

She continues: "Misogyny is ingrained in people from the time they are born. So to me, feminism is probably the most important movement that you could embrace, because it's just basically another word for equality."

No comments:

Post a Comment